Are You Ready To Live Like Mad Max? Because I Am.....Not.

hiya! your girl is BACK from her "super busy" Sunday, which consists of mostly eating in front of the TV.
so I just finished watching Mad Max: Fury Road, and oh my god it was so spot on! I was not talking about the tragedy behind this movie, you know, where the earth is all dried up and there are only 4 decent girls left on earth (totally jk..lol).  How men turned against other men for resources, where everything must be acquired through violence, scary scary stuff.


But the way the producer portrays the movie, four thumbs up!! including the ones on my toes.
What I mean is, when they wanted us to see how savage the people there turned out to be, they made them as savage as possible.
When they wanted us to see how weird the people there really are, they made them as weird as possible.
We get the message, and that's the most important thing.

That once the earth is all dried up and when there comes a time when we need to fight to each other for our access to natural resources, that's when you truly become "human".
I mean humans are not made to work and pay bills and die.

Humans are made to survive.
We scavenge for food
We reproduce
We protect ourselves
I mean that's the three basic purpose of humans right? I don't want to get too deep and philosophic on this, because opinions on "what's the purpose of humans here on earth" may differ, but I think those three are the most basic one we can agree on.
And that's exactly the people in this movie do, they scavenge for their food. They reproduce.. well, no need to go further, and they protect themselves.

And that got me thinking man.
It's pretty damn rough.
I mean here I am in front of my laptop, everything I need is within my reach. I have food and I don't even have to scavenge for it, heck I don't even have to cook! I can have it delivered online.

I have a shelter, and the privilege to have a pet too. I have everything I need and I don't need to fight anyone for it.

I mean each people in this movie is fighting, the purpose of their fight might be different but they all did it to survive. They go to that extent, they fight and kill and burn another to survive, but not me. not us.
Except for that one time I and my brother were fighting for the last piece of chicken.. but that's another thing.

And nature is still something we can all enjoy, I haven't seen anyone fighting for a tree because there's still so many of them. But what happens once there's only one tree left here on earth? phew, I can't even imagine the chaos it would cause.

What I mean is, sometimes I feel like I'm not grateful enough. I don't appreciate the things that I have around me, I don't have to beg around for food or money, I don't have to fight anyone or serve anyone for my survival, I have my rights and I have the privilege of free will, when there's bunch of people out there fighting, risking their lives, to enjoy their rights and free will.
We really gotta appreciate the things we can still enjoy in life, and on earth. Stop relying on our governments to do something about the environment, believe me, they are nothing but a mere representation of the people. Let's take chess as the analogy, they might be the king but they are nothing without their queen, rooks, bishops, knights, and pawns, which is us!

WE have the power to make a change, not them! So, let's start with us. Let's start with you, let the others follow.

It's our won and only Earth, after all.
*see how I'm lowkey promoting Simon Dominic's song there? yeah, I love him that much.

Comments